FACELIFT SURGERY (RHYTIDECTOMY)
Because of its fragile structural composition and complex anatomy, your face is highly vulnerable to the damaging effects of the environment (i.e. sun damage) and the natural aging process. Despite the vast number of non-surgical facial rejuvenation options that have developed over the past ten years, facelift surgery has remained the most effective, long-term solution to correct many of the visible signs of facial aging, which may include one or more of the following:
- Sagging, hanging, or loose facial skin (facial ptosis)
- Deepening creases and lines along the nasolabial folds (a.k.a. ‘laugh lines’)
- Displacement of fatty deposits or fat pockets
- Fine lines or wrinkles around the orbital area, beneath the lower eyelids (“crow’s feet”)
- The increasingly prominent appearance of a “double chin” or “jowls” as a result of atrophying facial muscles, fatty deposits, and facial ptosis
View the before and after images of Dr. Vu’s actual patients.
By working to lift and tighten the underlying facial musculature and tissues while simultaneously removing loose skin and excess fat, facelift surgery is able to efficiently address multiple cosmetic issues at the same time, and restores a youthfully taut, smooth, lifted facial appearance.
Facelift surgery techniques have progressed significantly, facilitating much needed improvements to the flawed, older facelift surgery protocols, which employed horizontal pulling techniques to tighten the skin at the surface level and often produced an unnatural, “windswept,” or “pinched” appearance. Modern facelift techniques allow plastic surgeons to lift the facial tissues from a deeper level, and to lift upward in a vertical direction, thereby avoiding an overworked, excessively tight outcome, and instead producing a beautifully natural, subtly revitalized facial appearance.
At Vu Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, located in Stockton, California, Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Hugh L. Vu utilizes a modern facial rejuvenation approach featuring advanced surgical techniques to produce exceptional results while minimizing scarring, recovery time, and post-surgical discomfort. Through the integration of cutting edge facelift surgery methods, Dr. Vu is able to target and correct all unwelcome three-dimensional changes of the face, without triggering the facial distortions associated with older facelift techniques.
Every patient has a unique set of treatment goals and a distinctive facial structure—some patients require more comprehensive adjustments, while others may benefit from just a few minor modifications. To account for these diverse needs, Vu Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery is pleased to offer the following facelift surgery options:
- Full Facelift: this procedure is actually a combination of a lower facelift, mid facelift, and forehead lift (brow lift). The full facelift effectively rejuvenates the face from forehead to neck, and provides the most comprehensive, dramatic results. During a full facelift, the surgeon is able to correct deep creases below the eyes, sagging around the cheeks, excess fat and skin under the chin/jowls, and lines around the mouth. Because it targets a larger area, the full facelift requires a longer incision, which generally runs along the temple, around the ear, and down to the neck.
- Lower Facelift: Lower facelift surgery rejuvenates the bottom third of the face by tightening the underlying structures of the lower face that slacken with age, contributing to the formation of jowls and a fleshy neck. This procedure trims excess skin around the neck and jawline, smoothing the area to eliminate facial creases and giving a visual lift to the bottom third of the face. Ideal candidates for lower facelift surgery typically present with signs of facial aging in the bottom third of the face and neck, lax skin around the jawline, drooping corners of the mouth, excess neck skin, and/or neck bands.
- Mid Facelift: this procedure is aimed at improving the appearance of the midface area, which is the triangular region of the face on either side of the nose. Mid facelifts are particularly helpful for patients who are seeking cheek elevation, but do not require lifting of the neck and chin. The primary aesthetic issue mid facelift surgery corrects is the descent of the malar fat pad, which contributes to prominent under eye hollows and increases the depth and prominence of the nasolabial folds. By improving the contours of the cheekbone area and rejuvenating the area underneath the eyelids, mid facelift surgery restores a smooth, full, well-rested look to the lower eyelids and cheeks and revitalizes the appearance of the face as a whole.
- Mini Facelift (“weekend facelift,” “lifestyle lift”): a mini facelift is appropriate for patients seeking to correct mild to moderate skin laxity (sagging) in the lower facial/neck region and to lift and tighten the skin along the jawline and cheeks. Mini facelift surgery is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, and requires only a 2-3 day recovery period.
Contact Vu Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery
At Vu Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery in Stockton, CA, we set ourselves apart from other cosmetic enhancement practitioners with our professionalism, state-of-the-art facility, and commitment to providing exceptional patient care. Our lead plastic surgeon Dr. Hugh L. Vu operates under the premise of two very simple, yet critically important goals:
- Offer only the most advanced surgical and cosmetic techniques in order to maximize your safety and comfort
- Earn and maintain your trust and confidence by upholding the highest possible code of ethics and personal integrity
When you select Dr. Vu as your cosmetic surgeon, you can feel confident knowing that you will receive the highest quality care and the best possible results. If you would like more information about the customized facelift surgery options offered at Vu Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, please contact our office today for an initial consultation. We look forward to speaking with you!